Lip lipofilling is a cosmetic procedure designed to increase lip volume and to balance the upper and lower lips. The lips accentuate the face. The face will look younger when the lips have a more sensual curve. This will make the lips attractive, luscious and sensual.
You can choose lip lipofilling if:
- you want to plump up your lips
- you want to make your lips more sensual
- you are looking to correct the loss of volume
- you are looking for lasting results
- you don’t want foreign bodies
Two interventions in cosmetic surgery, liposuction and fat injection, are strategically applied for lip lipofilling. The liposuction is performed from specific parts of the body where fat deposits are localised, using a hollow metal surgical instrument called a cannula. The fat can be obtained from different parts of the body such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, back and other places through small incisions.
Once the unwanted fat is extracted, it is concentrated. The adipose tissue is separated from other body tissues and then purified. The processed fat is then re-injected to the lips by multiple micro-injections at different depths to obtain the best results.
The best candidates for a lip augmentation using fat grafting are:
- in good health
- emotionally well-balanced
- men and women who have realistic expectations about what this surgery can accomplish
- men and women who have excess weight or a sufficient amount of localized fat
- men and women who choose lip augmentation using their own fat
Lip lipofilling is considered elective surgery. One option would be not to undergo to lip lipofilling. Fillers containing hyaluronic acid and other products can increase the volume of the lips. An additional volume can also be achieved by implants.